Sunday, December 18, 2005

i hate christmas...

Haha...actually, I don't...I like the idea of Christmas...of being with family and friends...even though I am anti-social:P I like the idea of putting up a Christmas tree...something I never did as a kid...I like the idea of snow falling on Christmas day...of throwing snowballs...of the cold air of the season filling my lungs and making me feel alive...the warmth of the lights adorning the houses in the neighbourhood...some may feel that this isn't what the idea of Christmas truly is...and that is fair...it is simply my idea.

Some people detest this season...perhaps because of bad experiences, or lack of good ones, in times past...I can say that I know a little of that. However, for me, maybe these experiences mean more to me as motivation...not to lament all that never was...but to rejoice in all that could be...sometimes better to look ahead and smile, then to look back and frown...

But to be honest...I really don't like malls...and the commercialization of Christmas...it's all about buy, buy, buy... I like my "toys"...I don't want to wait for Christmas to buy them...so it irritates me when others do:P Mall parking lots are especially bad places for me...I tend to unleash a level of vocabulary that is usually not spoken in more civilized circles...perhaps that is why I am not a member of these aforementioned groups:) By the time I am fortunate enough to find a parking stall (often so far away from my destination that I need to draw a map to find my car afterwards, lest I be forced to take transit home and find myself squished into a Skytrain with a car-load of other irate people revelling in the Christmas spirit...but I digress:P)...I find myself in a sea of humanity, seemingly quite content with charging so much on their credit cards, they will spend the next 5 months to pay it off. But of course, like with anything else, there is always a silver lining...sometimes one just has to look hard enough...these people will have about 7 months or so to earn enough money to offset some of their next Christmas's purchases:P Ah, nothing like the "circle of life"...(used entirely inappropriately here...but why not, methinks:P)

Ok, enough garbage for the moment...have to go eat dinner now...till next time, enjoy the wonder of the season... ;-)

No comments: