Sunday, December 04, 2005

at last, I am free...

Only figuratively of course...am still trapped full-time in the rat race:)

Finally done with the LSAT...with the final pages closing on the exam, so too do my hopes of law school...actually not that gung ho about law...only see it as a means to an end...yes, I too can be practical...surprising to some, methinks. Maybe one day, if I do go down this road, it will turn into a passion, but now...hell no!!!

The LSAT study process was an interesting one...not for the fact that I was extraordinarily motivated...but for the fact that I managed to set up my hardware firewall, try out numerous bitTorrent clients (Azureus is my current favourite - though I still dislike BT considerably, but I can't argue with the selection...and just a note, I don't download anything illegal) and test drive the PalmOne Life Drive PDA (which is quite poor, considering it is the flagship of the PalmOne lineup - but for some, the 4 GB hard drive is what the doctor ordered). How's that for a long, convoluted sentence:P My writing skills have always been second to none...I must qualify this statement as only being true under a unique circumstance - that I am the last person alive on this planet;-) Once again, I am off on one of my weird tangents...haha, but that is what makes life interesting, methinks...non?!? Or shall I say, my weird ponderings are what make my mundane existence less drab:)

All of this was done in the course of the 3 days I took off from work to "study." But for those who have the goods on me...the term "study" often has a unique meaning for me...it is quite amazing how interesting a pad of PostIt notes are when I have made up my mind to staple my butt to my chair...literally, amazing! And my study guides...well, they are still in pristine condition (well almost, I did go over part of one of the included practice exams - but I didn't finish, as I got bored)...haha. Well, once I get the official recommendation to pursue a different career choice in 3 - 4 weeks time, I will once again have to decide what I want to do when I grow up...because it is quite obvious that I have a ways to go...sad, eh?

It's funny actually...even though I studied precious little, quite a few remarked how relaxed I was...I suppose the old adage that ignorance is bliss applies in my case...again, I digress. Even the day of the exam, there were a few butterflies at the beginning, especially when only 1 out of 10 invigilators checks people in (the other 9 are shooting the breeze; the process took almost 1.5 hours for approx. 100 people)...perhaps this is part of the selection process too...to separate the wheat from the chaff, so to speak...oh well, I think I failed that part too...good thing I had an extra pair of Depends with me...or it would have been a long day for those who were fortunate enough to be in my presence:P

Hmmm...what shall I do now? Back to work tomorrow...back to dreaming about working the fryer at my neighbourhood MickyD's...mmm, Chicken McNuggets...sigh...after all these years...I have still yet to realize my ultimate dream! :(

Enough garbage for the time being... :P

No comments: