Sigh...will refrain from completely losing my temper...late at night, not worth it. Some days I wonder if I am simply too nice...or too responsible...or just simply too stupid. My dad has not worked a day in 13 years...yet he complains about how selfish I am. Through all the hard times of trying to balance school and work...always knowing that without the latter, there wasn't going to be the former...that there wasn't going to be food on the table...or money to pay the rent...after all those days, I look back and think how they shaped me into the man I am now. So in that way, I am not bitter about the path I took...all my friends had an easier time...because to be honest, I am happy - what counts the most is that I made it to here and now...and I did all I could for my family. And some days, it would be nice if my family could appreciate that...just a little...for the sacrifices that I did make. No, I am not perfect...I can be selfish...but I am not entirely so when it comes to family - maybe I am traditional in this regard...who knows? And though it makes me sad...I think it is time to take the other road...as Frost said...the one less travelled...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment