Wednesday, December 28, 2005

i hate "after"-christmas too...

Spent the past two days shopping with friends...Boxing Day at Brentwood and Metrotown...at the latter, literally a sea of humanity bent on spending their hard-earned money (and even money they have yet to earn) on all the "specials" that are available in every store. Granted, some things are cheap, but most are the leftovers, discontinued stock, etc. that stores are trying to get rid of...and I can't help but think that with some people, they may not even need what they buy...but can't resist b/c it is such a "deal." Sigh...such is the consumer culture we live in today, I guess. Didn't buy much...got lunch, which was good...and shoes...no electronic toys, nothing...though, to be honest...just bought my Pocket PC:P...haha...maybe I am just as guilty:)

The sad thing for me is that it is clear that this phenomenon known in one iteration as the "post-Christmas blues"...it does exist...people spend exorbitant amounts of money before Christmas (for others?)...and then just as much (or more) after Christmas (for themselves?)...maybe just the way I was brought up...or maybe a product of my experiences...but hard for me to fathom spending a great deal of money that I don't have...

...anyway, just a rant:)...plus I detest malls (especially ones with lots of people)...and don't like shopping...and I am anti-social...bad character traits, eh?...haha:P

No comments: