Wednesday, December 28, 2005

friends and lovers...

Am having a bad case of writing diarrhea today...get it?...haha:P

Had lunch with a couple of colleagues the other day...one of them has been married for a dozen years...actually, he married young...at 23. So, my other colleague asked him what his secret was...the answer...it is simple...be very good friends. He said that to him, it is ok to date different people...but the one who you marry...make sure the two of you are friends...because that friendship will last longer than the passion of love, which will undoubtedly subside. This got me thinking...

Read this a little while ago...take it however you may (am skeptical about singular pieces of research, so will take this into consideration, along with a grain of salt:P):
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/4478040.stm

The passion of love...the "freshness" of someone new...it is undoubtedly exciting...I think few would argue here. To be honest, I don't have that much dating experience...actually, lack confidence in this area...a girl could kick me in the butt and there would be a significant probability that I would misconstrue her meaning, but I digress:)...so, once again, this is mostly my musings about this "black box." Before I started dating, I had no idea about what love was...now that I am older...and more (or less) mature...I can appreciate its definition a little more...you see, I believe there are different kinds of love...in chinese, there are (at least) two ways to describe this concept..."oy ching" and "gum ching."

Some equate love with breathlessness...with the yearning to be near someone...being impatient to see them once again...yada, yada, yada... I look at it differently...I hope for something that will lend me strength when I feel weak...idealistic, I know. I hope that, if one day, there is a girl silly enough to marry me...that she will not only be a companion for the road of life, but will also be my best friend...one to share all the weirdness of my little world with...who will exhibit patience when I am unreasonable (often)...bring me up when I am down (not often:P)...and will forever challenge me...and I will do the same for her...but enough silly thoughts for one day...haha;-)

No comments: