Well, the holidays are over...am back at work now...can rest now:P Where are my manners?...Happy New Year! All the best to you and yours!
Flew back from Vancouver last Tuesday, with ma fan girl close behind...drove to SF the following day...the first 50 miles were pretty nice, but the last 310 miles were terrible...boring, boring hills!!! Stayed at a friend's place (thanks Ms T!)...extraordinarily gracious to offer us her place. Got a chance to go to "Sushi on the Run"...the place run by whom we affectionately refer to as the sushi nazi (after the soup nazi from Seinfeld:P). Went to bubble drink with some other friends...the ma fan girl got sick during the night...and boy, was she ever...was a nurse for the next day...she finally had her fever decrease at 5 pm on Thursday night...I collapsed from exhaustion...hope that never happens again.
We spent the next day running around SF like tourists...but ma fan girl had little energy after not eating most of the previous day. Decided to drive back to TO in the evening...left Mountain View at 10:30 pm and got home at 3:30 am...sigh, that was an adventure. Met some strange ppl on the highway in the wee hours...but what can I expect in the good ol' US of A?:)
Saturday and Sunday were filled with 9 hours at the outlet mall (funny how shopping energizes Y)...and in traffic in LA:( Watched the "Pursuit of Happyness" on Sunday night and then Y was back to Vancouver early on Monday morning:(
Found something out over the past week with her...
1. I am pretty stupid when it comes to relationships - I tend to make too much out of little.
2. She is smarter than me in many things - but that's probably why she is special to me - but only God knows why I'm special...haha:P
3. Long drives help ppl know each other better - there's nothing to do but keep each other company!
No matter what...we made it through...we had a few moments...but the memories of this week will make us stronger...and that is a great thing:)
PS. I got my first paycheque...I feel like a kid in a candy store:P
Flew back from Vancouver last Tuesday, with ma fan girl close behind...drove to SF the following day...the first 50 miles were pretty nice, but the last 310 miles were terrible...boring, boring hills!!! Stayed at a friend's place (thanks Ms T!)...extraordinarily gracious to offer us her place. Got a chance to go to "Sushi on the Run"...the place run by whom we affectionately refer to as the sushi nazi (after the soup nazi from Seinfeld:P). Went to bubble drink with some other friends...the ma fan girl got sick during the night...and boy, was she ever...was a nurse for the next day...she finally had her fever decrease at 5 pm on Thursday night...I collapsed from exhaustion...hope that never happens again.
We spent the next day running around SF like tourists...but ma fan girl had little energy after not eating most of the previous day. Decided to drive back to TO in the evening...left Mountain View at 10:30 pm and got home at 3:30 am...sigh, that was an adventure. Met some strange ppl on the highway in the wee hours...but what can I expect in the good ol' US of A?:)
Saturday and Sunday were filled with 9 hours at the outlet mall (funny how shopping energizes Y)...and in traffic in LA:( Watched the "Pursuit of Happyness" on Sunday night and then Y was back to Vancouver early on Monday morning:(
Found something out over the past week with her...
1. I am pretty stupid when it comes to relationships - I tend to make too much out of little.
2. She is smarter than me in many things - but that's probably why she is special to me - but only God knows why I'm special...haha:P
3. Long drives help ppl know each other better - there's nothing to do but keep each other company!
No matter what...we made it through...we had a few moments...but the memories of this week will make us stronger...and that is a great thing:)
PS. I got my first paycheque...I feel like a kid in a candy store:P

No comments:
Post a Comment