Had some interesting talks with my officemate. She's been with the company for 15 years...as such, she's seen a lot...and b/c of that...she is a little bit of a guide to me, as I try to adapt. Over the few weeks I have been here, we have had some interesting discussions...
-this company looks good on the outside, but depending where one looks, it can be quite ugly
-politics are everywhere...even those who are good and don't play can become victims
-it is better to be selective in choosing who to talk to...in a competitive environment, there is always the possibility of one's intentions not being the same as another's perception...(see above point:P)
-ppl in TO lead a charmed life...top 10% in good stats, bottom 10% in bad ones...can't complain about that, I suppose
-there is no good, authentic Chinese food for many, many miles around:( ...I want my BBQ pork!
-everything is far apart
-recycling seems to be a foreign concept (in fact, environmental issues seem to be less impt...maybe I'm the only one who notices the huge blanket of haze that covers LA
-in the US, one is truly a number...SSN anyone?
-seems like too many ppl are really materialistic (ok, I like my toys, but it's a different league here)...seems many live beyond their means...I suppose that's where the 15 credit cards come in...
And the funniest thing...
-ppl look at me funny for wearing shorts...in California of all places...since when was 55 F cold?
Until next time... :P
-this company looks good on the outside, but depending where one looks, it can be quite ugly
-politics are everywhere...even those who are good and don't play can become victims
-it is better to be selective in choosing who to talk to...in a competitive environment, there is always the possibility of one's intentions not being the same as another's perception...(see above point:P)
-ppl in TO lead a charmed life...top 10% in good stats, bottom 10% in bad ones...can't complain about that, I suppose
-there is no good, authentic Chinese food for many, many miles around:( ...I want my BBQ pork!
-everything is far apart
-recycling seems to be a foreign concept (in fact, environmental issues seem to be less impt...maybe I'm the only one who notices the huge blanket of haze that covers LA
-in the US, one is truly a number...SSN anyone?
-seems like too many ppl are really materialistic (ok, I like my toys, but it's a different league here)...seems many live beyond their means...I suppose that's where the 15 credit cards come in...
And the funniest thing...
-ppl look at me funny for wearing shorts...in California of all places...since when was 55 F cold?
Until next time... :P

No comments:
Post a Comment