Wednesday, January 17, 2007

i can drive now, but i can't get a credit card:(...

Well, after 3 hours had elapsed between walking into the local DMV and walking out triumphantly...I managed to register my car...though it cost me $540. Ok, will start a rant...why doesn't the state of California recognize that I paid 2 taxes in Canada?...even though it's printed on my vehicle purchase form. They only gave me credit for paying one tax...then assessed the state tax on the car and made me pay the difference..sheesh! But I have license plates!!! Finally! I also passed my written exam...and my car passed the smog test...woo hoo...$650 bucks later, my car "exists." Then, was off to AAA to buy insurance...$1400 later, I am insured...I think I will just move back to Vancouver and ride the bus! At least my bus pass would be covered by work:(

Haha, on a different note, spent 45 mins on the phone with the bank this morning...went from the customer service rep to the credit "specialist," back to cust. service and then was on hold for credit again...gave up after waiting for 10 mins. You would think that they would be happy to give me a credit card...after all, I had finally gotten my SSN...but NO! I do not qualify...and they don't know why either (???)...the funny thing is that my checking account is with their bank and they know how much gets deposited by my company... What the $#@*! For goodness sake, perhaps I don't have enough education or a good enough job(?). Sigh...once again...more fun times ahead!

No comments: