Thursday, January 04, 2007

am still frustrated...

Sigh...more than 3 weeks after flying down to TO...still cannot get a SSN. Called the office today...apparently the 4 - 6 weeks I was initially told was an optimistic estimate...instead it could be as long as two months:( In the meantime, due to my not having a SSN, I cannot do the following:
-do the written/road test to obtain a California DL
-register my car (so have to see if I can get my rental extended)
-buy insurance for my car b/c it can't be registered
-get a credit card
-exist in any system that pertains to health/dental coverage, stock purchase plans, timesheets, access to internal payroll db's
-breathe!!!

I jest with my last point...but to be honest, am getting very frustrated with the whole process. Oh well, I suppose that this is just part of relocating to a new country...but considering the supposedly good relationship between Canada and the US, this is a bit surprising...

No comments: