Just finished my delectable dinner consisting of a foot long Subway sandwich:) An atypical California day...or so I've been told...dreary and grey, rain alternating between light drizzle and its heavier relative...but still nothing to write home about...but it matched my mood:( Hope tomorrow will be better!
It's kinda funny...I guess it's similar at home (if we exchange the rain for snow)...I think most just aren't prepared for it. Case in point, went to work this afternoon...as I was heading home, the freeway onramp has a small curve...I was following a pickup...as soon as I came around the curve, I noticed the truck was pointed in my direction...I suppose the lady took the run too fast, skidded, turned her steering wheel the wrong direction and ended up spinning 180 degrees. Thank goodness, she was ok! Another interesting observation was when I was driving home tonight on the freeway (I like to hang out at the neighbourhood Walmart:P), and ppl still do the obstacle course routine at 80 mph in limited visibility and relatively heavy rain...definitely different.
In other news...am settling in now...at work, am trying to organize all my training...haha, ordered a 30 inch LCD:) Combined with a new vid card and Core 2 Duo box that's coming...made my week...I know...simple minds...yada, yada, yada:P I suppose with my usual mundane existence...it comes as great surprise that my poor, frail heart could handle all this excitement...haha:P
Outside of work...I am settling into my new place...the morning and afternoon drives are interesting...as I am always facing the sun:) I can sense that as things slow down (only one thing left to do - get my DL)...I do feel a small twinge of being homesick. I will try to keep myself as busy as possible with work, gym, writing papers, working on website, etc...and hopefully it won't be too bad...but that remains to be seen.
In other areas, the biggest hurdle I foresee is the long distance relationship. Some days things are easy...and some days, even small things are magnified.
At the end of the day, I suppose...with all decisions, there are consequences...some good, some bad...
It's funny...as I think about what I have written today...it strikes me that I started with one topic and it transitioned in both tone and scope...but perhaps that is how the human mind truly is...sometimes it is just utterly random...
...welcome to my world:)
It's kinda funny...I guess it's similar at home (if we exchange the rain for snow)...I think most just aren't prepared for it. Case in point, went to work this afternoon...as I was heading home, the freeway onramp has a small curve...I was following a pickup...as soon as I came around the curve, I noticed the truck was pointed in my direction...I suppose the lady took the run too fast, skidded, turned her steering wheel the wrong direction and ended up spinning 180 degrees. Thank goodness, she was ok! Another interesting observation was when I was driving home tonight on the freeway (I like to hang out at the neighbourhood Walmart:P), and ppl still do the obstacle course routine at 80 mph in limited visibility and relatively heavy rain...definitely different.
In other news...am settling in now...at work, am trying to organize all my training...haha, ordered a 30 inch LCD:) Combined with a new vid card and Core 2 Duo box that's coming...made my week...I know...simple minds...yada, yada, yada:P I suppose with my usual mundane existence...it comes as great surprise that my poor, frail heart could handle all this excitement...haha:P
Outside of work...I am settling into my new place...the morning and afternoon drives are interesting...as I am always facing the sun:) I can sense that as things slow down (only one thing left to do - get my DL)...I do feel a small twinge of being homesick. I will try to keep myself as busy as possible with work, gym, writing papers, working on website, etc...and hopefully it won't be too bad...but that remains to be seen.
In other areas, the biggest hurdle I foresee is the long distance relationship. Some days things are easy...and some days, even small things are magnified.
At the end of the day, I suppose...with all decisions, there are consequences...some good, some bad...
It's funny...as I think about what I have written today...it strikes me that I started with one topic and it transitioned in both tone and scope...but perhaps that is how the human mind truly is...sometimes it is just utterly random...
...welcome to my world:)

No comments:
Post a Comment