Am home now...I suppose I will consider Vancouver home for a long time to come...all that is familiar to me...my heart...it is here...
Flew in late on Friday evening...travelling from LAX was interesting...lots of ppl going home for the holidays...security was heightened to orange alert (more on that later:P)...all in all, not one of the highlights of week...
I suppose with the season, the level of paranoia (sense of security) in the US is high...but spent a considerable amount of time running back and forth at LAX. First of all, the 405 was terrible...it took more than 2 hrs to go from TO to LAX...even though I was in a shuttle, I was developing road rage:P Checked in, waited in line with 50 others for the X-ray machine...then trudged over to the security checkpoint...where a really nice lady pointed out that the lotions a friend had asked me to buy would be thrown out (b/c of alert status)...so ran back to the X-ray area to see if I could load them into my luggage...when I saw more than 100 ppl, my heart sank...but thanks to some big hearted ppl and security, I was able to stow those precious lotions in my bag (you owe me, Jen!!!)...40 mins in line to get a burger, a 3 hr flight later...I was home:)
Over the years, my relationship with my dad hasn't been the most comfortable (to put it mildly)...but I think he appreciates what I do more now...he was very happy to see me...and I am glad. One cannot pick one's family...one can only make the best of it, methinks...
I suppose, as I write now (and think a little:P)...my moving made me realize how fortunate I am...the one who helped and trusted me (when most others would refrain)...the one who helped me find a friendly face in a place where I saw none...the one who thought that I was worth waiting for (even though I was more than a thousand miles away)...the two who welcomed me into their home (as if I had never left)...for everyone, these ppl have no names...but for me...they will always have a place in my heart and mind...as I will never forget...no matter where the road of life leads...
So at this time of year...though I feel what I do for these ppl is small and insignificant...I am very thankful that these ppl are a part of my life...it is truly my honour...
Flew in late on Friday evening...travelling from LAX was interesting...lots of ppl going home for the holidays...security was heightened to orange alert (more on that later:P)...all in all, not one of the highlights of week...
I suppose with the season, the level of paranoia (sense of security) in the US is high...but spent a considerable amount of time running back and forth at LAX. First of all, the 405 was terrible...it took more than 2 hrs to go from TO to LAX...even though I was in a shuttle, I was developing road rage:P Checked in, waited in line with 50 others for the X-ray machine...then trudged over to the security checkpoint...where a really nice lady pointed out that the lotions a friend had asked me to buy would be thrown out (b/c of alert status)...so ran back to the X-ray area to see if I could load them into my luggage...when I saw more than 100 ppl, my heart sank...but thanks to some big hearted ppl and security, I was able to stow those precious lotions in my bag (you owe me, Jen!!!)...40 mins in line to get a burger, a 3 hr flight later...I was home:)
*************
Over the years, my relationship with my dad hasn't been the most comfortable (to put it mildly)...but I think he appreciates what I do more now...he was very happy to see me...and I am glad. One cannot pick one's family...one can only make the best of it, methinks...
*************
During these holidays, I realize that I must appreciate those around me more...to be honest, though I am not religious (in the defining sense)...I do feel blessed. Those few who consider me a friend...and those who never wavered in their faith, even when I "forgot" who they were...I will never forget.I suppose, as I write now (and think a little:P)...my moving made me realize how fortunate I am...the one who helped and trusted me (when most others would refrain)...the one who helped me find a friendly face in a place where I saw none...the one who thought that I was worth waiting for (even though I was more than a thousand miles away)...the two who welcomed me into their home (as if I had never left)...for everyone, these ppl have no names...but for me...they will always have a place in my heart and mind...as I will never forget...no matter where the road of life leads...
So at this time of year...though I feel what I do for these ppl is small and insignificant...I am very thankful that these ppl are a part of my life...it is truly my honour...
*************
So to all, I wish you the very best. I hope you will be able to spend all your moments with those you love...and that you too, will feel as I do...blessed:) May the New Year bring into existence all that simply exists in your heart and mind now...
:)
:)

No comments:
Post a Comment