Well, made it! Not through the week yet, but at least through two days! The past week has been interesting to say the least! Where shall I begin...
Let's see...how about starting with the good ol' DMV. If I were a tourist or someone NOT eligible for a Social Security Number, I could get a California DL in no time; however, because I am eligible AND have a valid BCDL, I cannot until I have a SSN - lovely! No SSN, no DL, no bank account, no health benefits (though I hope that will be remedied soon), yada, yada, yada... Sheesh, I may as well come from a village with horse drawn carriages being the mode of transportation.
Well, after one week, got a phone (though I had to pay a $500 deposit)...got a place to live (with a seemingly nice Chinese family that I was referred to by my ex-supervisor's old classmate (who also happens to work at the same company))...got a PO box (for my toys:P...just kidding - will help if I have to move a lot...though hope not)...got my bank account too:)...no credit cards though. What else? Hmmm, could finally log in to my computer...my phone has been delivered and works! Have my security badge...after I was told that even though I had an employee ID, phone, computer and everything else set up prior to my arrival...that I didn't exist in the system...gotta love that:P
Well, it's been pretty good. My office mate has been phenomenal...she has really gone out of her way to make me feel at home...and help me with the little things...for that I am very thankful...am lucky that I have met so many nice ppl in my short time here...I hope it continues:)
Well, enough blabbing about nonsense...three more days...then I get to go home:)
Hmmm...I wonder where my stuff is? Maybe somewhere between here and home...hope it comes soon...
Let's see...how about starting with the good ol' DMV. If I were a tourist or someone NOT eligible for a Social Security Number, I could get a California DL in no time; however, because I am eligible AND have a valid BCDL, I cannot until I have a SSN - lovely! No SSN, no DL, no bank account, no health benefits (though I hope that will be remedied soon), yada, yada, yada... Sheesh, I may as well come from a village with horse drawn carriages being the mode of transportation.
Well, after one week, got a phone (though I had to pay a $500 deposit)...got a place to live (with a seemingly nice Chinese family that I was referred to by my ex-supervisor's old classmate (who also happens to work at the same company))...got a PO box (for my toys:P...just kidding - will help if I have to move a lot...though hope not)...got my bank account too:)...no credit cards though. What else? Hmmm, could finally log in to my computer...my phone has been delivered and works! Have my security badge...after I was told that even though I had an employee ID, phone, computer and everything else set up prior to my arrival...that I didn't exist in the system...gotta love that:P
Well, it's been pretty good. My office mate has been phenomenal...she has really gone out of her way to make me feel at home...and help me with the little things...for that I am very thankful...am lucky that I have met so many nice ppl in my short time here...I hope it continues:)
Well, enough blabbing about nonsense...three more days...then I get to go home:)
Hmmm...I wonder where my stuff is? Maybe somewhere between here and home...hope it comes soon...

No comments:
Post a Comment