Went on a road trip to Pasadena this week to visit an engineering firm specializing in telemetry devices. Was stuck in the back seat of a Ford Mustang convertible...combined with my rental in January, I have to say that I really dislike Fords...I know, I know...I am offending those who are strong supporters of domestic US products...but I'm Canadian...haha, what can I say?:P Anyway, it's taking quite a while for my back to unwind itself:(
While we were enjoying the wonderful soundproofing walls lining the 101, cruising at wet-my-drawers speed of 30 mph...we talked about quite a few things. Among them, my supervisor talked about his wife...who I had the privilege to meet the previous night. And it got me thinking...(I may steal some of his words...as I think they ring true).
I've been down here for more than 3 months now...and to be honest...my gf and I have had our share of moments. Don't get me wrong...she's feisty...well, that's one way to describe her. And me? Well...there's a number of appropriate adjectives...some of which though, are not appropriate to this forum:P Let's see...stubborn...short-tempered...impatient...selfish (not all the time, I hope...but too much so, methinks). My gf?...most days, she is patient with me...she loses her temper sometimes...but she knows when to stop...when most days, I don't. So, at the end, I'm no angel...not by a long way. And if there is a heaven, I think she's guaranteed a spot (I borrowed that)...and I am very thankful...b/c despite all my charm...there are few who would be willing to wait for someone like me...just a thought:)
While we were enjoying the wonderful soundproofing walls lining the 101, cruising at wet-my-drawers speed of 30 mph...we talked about quite a few things. Among them, my supervisor talked about his wife...who I had the privilege to meet the previous night. And it got me thinking...(I may steal some of his words...as I think they ring true).
I've been down here for more than 3 months now...and to be honest...my gf and I have had our share of moments. Don't get me wrong...she's feisty...well, that's one way to describe her. And me? Well...there's a number of appropriate adjectives...some of which though, are not appropriate to this forum:P Let's see...stubborn...short-tempered...impatient...selfish (not all the time, I hope...but too much so, methinks). My gf?...most days, she is patient with me...she loses her temper sometimes...but she knows when to stop...when most days, I don't. So, at the end, I'm no angel...not by a long way. And if there is a heaven, I think she's guaranteed a spot (I borrowed that)...and I am very thankful...b/c despite all my charm...there are few who would be willing to wait for someone like me...just a thought:)

No comments:
Post a Comment