What a frustrating day...for a country of 300+ million ppl, you would think the US would have it's act together...but I fear not...good to know that this country has the most bombs in the world...lovely...
1. I always thought that a bank would be able to issue a bank draft (even if it is in foreign currency...but clearly the US dollar is the ONLY currency of importance!!!...but I digress). I went to BoA this afternoon to get a Canadian bank draft...they don't do it in branch...instead I was directed to a phone, so that I can order one and have it delivered to me...what the f@*#!!! Almost as good as how they cannot get the zip code right on my debit card (b/c they combined my addresses from two countries...this still hasn't been resolved (they even sent me another debit card)...I give up!). Or better yet, they got it right on my credit card, but not my debit card...apparently b/c they are different departments...what about using a unified customer database?...what an incredible leap?!?
2. I received a letter from California DMV head office saying that they couldn't issue a title to my vehicle...the reason? B/c they didn't have the right documents...a letter from American Honda on emissions/safety compliance and a form from US Customs stating that the vehicle can enter the country. Nothing wrong with that...except for some small technicalities...
a. My car crossed the border...3.5 months ago...and US Customs saw the emissions/safety letter from Honda...or else it wouldn't be allowed to cross.
b. And this one is the funniest...DMV wouldn't allow me to register my vehicle if I were missing ANY of these documents...and since they gave me California license plates, allowed me to apply for title and enabled me to buy car insurance...you would think I shouldn't be getting such a letter!?! But you would be wrong!
Is it just me? Or did I miss something??? I should never have got up this morning...would have been just as productive!
1. I always thought that a bank would be able to issue a bank draft (even if it is in foreign currency...but clearly the US dollar is the ONLY currency of importance!!!...but I digress). I went to BoA this afternoon to get a Canadian bank draft...they don't do it in branch...instead I was directed to a phone, so that I can order one and have it delivered to me...what the f@*#!!! Almost as good as how they cannot get the zip code right on my debit card (b/c they combined my addresses from two countries...this still hasn't been resolved (they even sent me another debit card)...I give up!). Or better yet, they got it right on my credit card, but not my debit card...apparently b/c they are different departments...what about using a unified customer database?...what an incredible leap?!?
2. I received a letter from California DMV head office saying that they couldn't issue a title to my vehicle...the reason? B/c they didn't have the right documents...a letter from American Honda on emissions/safety compliance and a form from US Customs stating that the vehicle can enter the country. Nothing wrong with that...except for some small technicalities...
a. My car crossed the border...3.5 months ago...and US Customs saw the emissions/safety letter from Honda...or else it wouldn't be allowed to cross.
b. And this one is the funniest...DMV wouldn't allow me to register my vehicle if I were missing ANY of these documents...and since they gave me California license plates, allowed me to apply for title and enabled me to buy car insurance...you would think I shouldn't be getting such a letter!?! But you would be wrong!
Is it just me? Or did I miss something??? I should never have got up this morning...would have been just as productive!

No comments:
Post a Comment