Thursday, February 01, 2007

my dad...

Talked to my dad tonight...haven't heard him this sad in a long time. It is times like this I wish I were home...he told me that my aunt called from HK...she had had cancer surgery earlier, but had to check back into the hospital...she told my dad that she feared that this may be the last time she would be able to talk to him. To be honest, my dad and my aunt almost never talk...they were never really that close...

It's funny...my dad and I were never really close. My sis and I have our moments...maybe best captured in the movements of a pendulum. And I don't know my aunt...I saw her once almost 20 years ago... I think this may be the humanity in all of us...I felt saddened...even though I told my dad to try to have hope...and try to be even...I really felt saddened...actually I don't really have the words to describe how I feel...b/c at times like these, words seem trivial...and maybe, my words sound hollow to my dad right now. And perhaps, though my aunt and I are strangers to the other...and though we know nothing of each other's world...we are tied together...b/c we are family...and sometimes, that means more than anything...

My dad has gone through a great deal...and though we went through those events as a family...I do feel sad. No matter what, b/c my sis and I are young...we are resilient... I wish with all my heart that at this point in his life...things would just be easy for him... I wish...

No comments: