Watched this last night...was very impressed! I know some will have reservations about Adam Sandler delivering a credible performance in this type of movie...but to be honest, I hope he receives an Oscar nomination.
Very briefly, the movie is about a widower (Sandler) who loses his family to the 9/11 incidents. He loses everything...including himself. His college roommate (Don Cheadle, who is also excellent...watch Hotel Rwanda too, another great movie!)...he offers a glimpse of what life could have been...and this dynamic is evident throughout the course of the movie...to me, at least. Cheadle's character, seemingly living the life that many dream of, as he tries to help his old friend...realizes that Sandler's character has his own type of "freedom"...but it's clear that this came at a great cost.
I've always been a movie buff...in a sense, it offers an escape for me...(haha, no I don't need professional counseling)...movies (probably for most ppl) grant a brief respite from reality (whether that be good, bad or indifferent). Some, in their simplicity, make me think...long after their closing credits...
Very briefly, the movie is about a widower (Sandler) who loses his family to the 9/11 incidents. He loses everything...including himself. His college roommate (Don Cheadle, who is also excellent...watch Hotel Rwanda too, another great movie!)...he offers a glimpse of what life could have been...and this dynamic is evident throughout the course of the movie...to me, at least. Cheadle's character, seemingly living the life that many dream of, as he tries to help his old friend...realizes that Sandler's character has his own type of "freedom"...but it's clear that this came at a great cost.
I've always been a movie buff...in a sense, it offers an escape for me...(haha, no I don't need professional counseling)...movies (probably for most ppl) grant a brief respite from reality (whether that be good, bad or indifferent). Some, in their simplicity, make me think...long after their closing credits...

No comments:
Post a Comment