
Ah, finally jumped from the Telus ship to the Rogers ship...well, after a couple of hours of fiddling with my new toy, I am quite happy:) Funny, am getting old, but still am amused by such weird little things...maybe there's no hope, will stay a kid forever...surely much to the chagrin of those around me...hahaha...
I normally read reviews prior to buying something, so this time will contribute back in a small way:)
Short review of the Sony Ericsson W600 Walkman phone:
Pros:
-quad band GSM phone
-1.3 MP camera
-256 MB internal storage
-UI is very good
-"different" form factor
-call clarity is excellent
-long battery life
-bluetooth, IR and EDGE-compliant
Cons:
-camera is fixed focus (cheaper to manufacture)
-external loop antenna
-don't like orange (thank goodness there is another faceplate:P)
Other impressions:
Most reviews I have come across highlight the lack of memory card slot as a disadvantage, since this is a Walkman phone - for me, I tend to use my nano as my primary music player (it has advantages in size, capacity and sound quality, to mention a few). As such, not a big deal. I would have preferred to have a better auto-focus camera, such as that found in some of the higher-end phones. However, my practical side won out...couldn't justify spending a minimum of 400 - 500 bucks on an "Asian" phone (imported from HK mostly, with all the latest bells and whistles)...fully knowing that once the initial delight with all the features wore off, it would simply be just a cell phone. For some of you who know me well...all I have to say is "Ha!"...for once, I did something practical:P
I normally read reviews prior to buying something, so this time will contribute back in a small way:)
Short review of the Sony Ericsson W600 Walkman phone:
Pros:
-quad band GSM phone
-1.3 MP camera
-256 MB internal storage
-UI is very good
-"different" form factor
-call clarity is excellent
-long battery life
-bluetooth, IR and EDGE-compliant
Cons:
-camera is fixed focus (cheaper to manufacture)
-external loop antenna
-don't like orange (thank goodness there is another faceplate:P)
Other impressions:
Most reviews I have come across highlight the lack of memory card slot as a disadvantage, since this is a Walkman phone - for me, I tend to use my nano as my primary music player (it has advantages in size, capacity and sound quality, to mention a few). As such, not a big deal. I would have preferred to have a better auto-focus camera, such as that found in some of the higher-end phones. However, my practical side won out...couldn't justify spending a minimum of 400 - 500 bucks on an "Asian" phone (imported from HK mostly, with all the latest bells and whistles)...fully knowing that once the initial delight with all the features wore off, it would simply be just a cell phone. For some of you who know me well...all I have to say is "Ha!"...for once, I did something practical:P

No comments:
Post a Comment