Another day, another accident...sigh! Not so long ago, got side-swiped by someone...and then the guy drove off...but was so peeved, that I chased him down. Yesterday, was driving along Broadway, minding my own business...stopped at an intersection for a red light...and lo and behold...a huge jolt later...find out a woman in her pickup truck had just driven into my car. My blood pressure rose...I think my face got red...steam started coming out of my ears...then I got out of my car. It turns out that the woman was trying to change lanes, but clearly misjudged the distance. Police were on the scene immediately, as they happened to be in the area.
The "funny" thing was that I had never encountered this before in my life...the woman was in tears...she was very apologetic...so I asked what was wrong...(by this time, I had cooled off)...through her sobbing, she just said she had had a rough few days and was trying to get home to sleep. The officer asked her for her driver's license...she didn't have it...she had left it at a gas station as collateral because she couldn't pay for gas...normally the police can lay charges, but I think the officer could see the situation...once he was sure we could handle it, he and his partner left the scene...
What started one way...ended up another...it goes to show that there are many in this world who are less fortunate than I...makes me realize that I should be grateful for all that I have:)
The "funny" thing was that I had never encountered this before in my life...the woman was in tears...she was very apologetic...so I asked what was wrong...(by this time, I had cooled off)...through her sobbing, she just said she had had a rough few days and was trying to get home to sleep. The officer asked her for her driver's license...she didn't have it...she had left it at a gas station as collateral because she couldn't pay for gas...normally the police can lay charges, but I think the officer could see the situation...once he was sure we could handle it, he and his partner left the scene...
What started one way...ended up another...it goes to show that there are many in this world who are less fortunate than I...makes me realize that I should be grateful for all that I have:)

No comments:
Post a Comment