Was chatting with a friend on GoogleTalk this morning...when I had a brief reprieve from all the usual business at work. It was interesting on a number of different levels...prior to this year, I had never really considered her a friend...she was one of my sister's best friends...so I knew she existed, but never really talked to her that much. This year, after having known her for 12 or 13 years now (I think)...I met up with her while attending a conference in San Jose...we did the tourist thing and hung out with my sis as well...turns out she is a pretty cool person.
So, after I got back, we kept in touch once in awhile via one IM client or another. Today she was telling me about her current relationship...won't discuss too much...have to respect her privacy...but I also didn't get all the juicy details:P...sigh, I lead such a mundane existence that I must live vicariously through the lives of others:( Anyway, she was asking about how my gf and I were doing...and she was lamenting the fact that she couldn't find what I have had and what I have now. All her relationships had gone nowhere...so she had decided that it was better to live for the moment...since life is short. In reply, I said that for myself...I don't bother with that...that's why I choose not to date people casually...some people can date 3 different people in a month...boring old me...only dated 3 girls in my life. On one hand, this must be testament to my charming personality (or lack thereof) and my redeeming qualities (seemingly nonexistent); on the other hand, I made a conscious choice...because life is too short...I think it is better to be alone than to be just with someone, anyone...I think some people abhor the thought of being lonely...
For me, in some of my relationships...now that I look back...sometimes it was simply a case of the right person, but wrong time...hopefully, I have learned from my mistakes. And who knows, maybe when it is all said and done, I too will be alone...
(am aware that this post meanders nowhere in a rather lazy fashion:P...but I prefer it that way...warts and all!)
So, after I got back, we kept in touch once in awhile via one IM client or another. Today she was telling me about her current relationship...won't discuss too much...have to respect her privacy...but I also didn't get all the juicy details:P...sigh, I lead such a mundane existence that I must live vicariously through the lives of others:( Anyway, she was asking about how my gf and I were doing...and she was lamenting the fact that she couldn't find what I have had and what I have now. All her relationships had gone nowhere...so she had decided that it was better to live for the moment...since life is short. In reply, I said that for myself...I don't bother with that...that's why I choose not to date people casually...some people can date 3 different people in a month...boring old me...only dated 3 girls in my life. On one hand, this must be testament to my charming personality (or lack thereof) and my redeeming qualities (seemingly nonexistent); on the other hand, I made a conscious choice...because life is too short...I think it is better to be alone than to be just with someone, anyone...I think some people abhor the thought of being lonely...
For me, in some of my relationships...now that I look back...sometimes it was simply a case of the right person, but wrong time...hopefully, I have learned from my mistakes. And who knows, maybe when it is all said and done, I too will be alone...
(am aware that this post meanders nowhere in a rather lazy fashion:P...but I prefer it that way...warts and all!)

No comments:
Post a Comment