Monday, January 09, 2006

first snowboarding experience...

Survived my first snowboarding experience at Cypress:P My knees are bruised...my wrists are sore...have a slight hyperextension of my right elbow...my butt hurts...and my pride is a little bit bruised too...but it was a blast! Once I heal a bit...off to the slopes I go again:)

Actually it was a fun experience...was exhausted by the end of the day though, partly because I was brilliant enough to go work out on Friday and Saturday...on Sunday, took a beginner's lesson with my gf...the small practice hill was ok...not too many spectacular spills, but I did have a penchant for drifting towards the fence...as I do not really know how to control my direction all that well:) Then the instructors decided it was good to go up the chairlift and do a run...well, my two runs consisted of wiping out as soon as I got off the chairlift and then falling rather ungracefully every 5-10 metres...needless to say, I was the last person down...my butt was so sore that I ended up walking the last part of the hill...am quite ashamed to admit this...sigh:(

Oh well, next weekend, will brave the hills again...am determined to learn this!!!:)

No comments: