Sunday, January 22, 2006

a comedy of errors...

Haha...was up at Cypress tonight...3rd time snowboarding this year...once more and I will have made my season pass worth it:P...ok, ok, so I am cheap, what can I say???...guilty as charged:)

Well, the day started out normally enough...with the exception of my gf driving her family's SUV up the mountain...nothing exciting about this, in and of itself...however...it was her first attempt at driving up there...so aside from hair-raising turns on the curves and driving on two lanes on highway 1...she is a typical female driver...enough said...again, my life expectancy may have decreased a few years with that statement, but it is the truth...and nothing but the truth!!!

3rd time down the first run we did...my gf decided to give a kid a lot more room coming off the chairlift...her skis (she likes skiing, I like boarding...among our many differences:P)...they slid under my board...she wipes out, taking me with her and to top it all off, the chair slides around and smacks me right in the head...I will sue, if this affects my intelligence...oh wait, forgot, my IQ can't get any lower!:(...never mind...

Then we decided to try to longer run...actually it was much longer...more on that later...she was a bit apprehensive on the way up...the chairlifts were running faster...the fog was coming in...the mountain looked much steeper...and the ride up was quite long...me...I was quite excited... So, wiped out spectacularly coming off the chairlift...didn't get hit in the ol' coconut this time, thank goodness. We took off down the hill...quite fun...still not quite stable on my board yet, but coming along...as I go down the hill...I see my gf fall and was slow getting up...so stop next to her and thought she was injured...so naturally I unbuckle my board...lo and behold, lost the grip on the board...and then proceeded to watch it fly down the slope, until it disappeared from sight...shiite!!! And I hadn't even gone a quarter of the way down! Well, from then on, it was a rather brisk walk down the mountain...the air was crisp...the scenery was nice...what more could a guy ask for?...how about my D#*(%&^ board?

Finally got to the bottom of the hill...took me about 20 - 30 mins...talked to the dude checking passes...I couldn't help but laugh when he told me he had NEVER heard of this happening before...sigh...my 15 seconds of fame! Ski patrol couldn't find my board...so trudged back to the rental office...my gf couldn't believe that I still had my sense of humour intact:P...I told her we would have lots of good stories to tell one day ;-) Guess what?...someone turned in the board...saved the day...a stroke of good fortune, in the face of bad luck...maybe the gods smiled down on me...since I was trying to do a good thing:) Actually am glad the board didn't hit anyone.

Ah, before I forget, as I had my nature walk down the mountain, was talking to one of the snowboarders coming down, apparently my board zoomed by him while he was on his way down ...with a couple of kids in pursuit...sigh...let me reiterate...my 15 secs of fame:P

Such is another day in the life of my mundane existence...:P

No comments: