Sunday, November 20, 2005

who am I?

It's interesting sometimes to hear what others have to say about me. One of my coworkers said that I can be a difficult person...some days she acts like my mother...always "gently" reminding me to schedule my time better, study more, focus on my goals, how to be a better person (implicitly, on many different levels), etc...guess I shouldn't be writing in my blog at this moment, eh?:) Sigh...another exam ahead, less than two weeks to go and my studying bringing the flushing sound of a toilet to my mind:P She said that I am the type of person who has more potential than the average person, but uses it less; am strong-minded...like to make decisions...but needs someone to take care of me (I disagree with this last point b/c I have had to take care of myself for a long time...enough said, won't go into my whole sob story...too boring;-).

So who am I? Am I someone who will always lament the past opportunities?...who will always be known as one who never realized his potential?...who will always talk and think more than do? Do I help others not for pure reasons, but to gain something? Some of these are tough questions...I think it is human nature to look at the positives and cover the negatives...no one wants to admit their faults...no one is perfect...that I know...I use that as an excuse far too often. I think sometimes I spend too much time looking beyond myself, at others...and am often far too critical of them. Don't get me wrong...I bring credence to the old adage about being one's own worst critic. Maybe the key is not look at others and pointing out their shortcomings...but to look within, recognize my own flaws (which I think I do) and consider how to improve upon those (which I don't do enough of). Time to stop talking...and to be truly honest to myself...time to start doing:P

1 comment:

Yummy said...

well said Ray.

Now time to action :)