Yesterday (since it is past midnight), I learned something...went on a cruise organized by a friend's church. In observing this group of people, one person stood out more so than any of the others...this person, maybe a few years back, I would have labelled as silly and immature in some of their actions...and quickly dismissed them as childish...I look at in a different way now. Maybe it is a sign of me growing up...(or not)...but to look at it from a different perspective...maybe this individual has more courage than I...than many of us...b/c they are brave enough to act more true to their real self...
I think it is human nature to modulate the way we are, depending on the situation...and it is appropriate to do so, in many circumstances...however, even among those we are closest to...our friends, our family...are we truly relaxed?...are we as open as we would like to think?...not sure...not even sure if I can accurately write what I am thinking. Myself, I know I do change the way I act, the way I express myself...depending on the company...and as much as I hate to admit it...sometimes, I succumb to the herd mentality. To be honest, not sure if what I write is even coherent or logical. But truth be told, I do respect this person more...b/c even though I think this person has yet to fully mature (I too am in the same boat)...and is more simple (which in this sense is a good thing)...they have the courage to be different...a quality I have yet to fully realize...just a thought;-)
I think it is human nature to modulate the way we are, depending on the situation...and it is appropriate to do so, in many circumstances...however, even among those we are closest to...our friends, our family...are we truly relaxed?...are we as open as we would like to think?...not sure...not even sure if I can accurately write what I am thinking. Myself, I know I do change the way I act, the way I express myself...depending on the company...and as much as I hate to admit it...sometimes, I succumb to the herd mentality. To be honest, not sure if what I write is even coherent or logical. But truth be told, I do respect this person more...b/c even though I think this person has yet to fully mature (I too am in the same boat)...and is more simple (which in this sense is a good thing)...they have the courage to be different...a quality I have yet to fully realize...just a thought;-)

No comments:
Post a Comment