It's been quite awhile since I posted the garbage from my brain...so instead of organizing everything into neat, coherent packages...that is too boring...so will meander aimlessly for awhile:P
Well, Chinese New Year has come and gone...observed some "funny" customs that most Chinese people will be quite familiar with...funny, pride myself on being rational, but still observe these customs...maybe a holdover from the days when I was young and impressionable...well before I became logical...oh wait, I'm still waiting for that to happen;-) Oh well...some things don't change...haha
Got a concussion and whiplash last weekend while snowboarding...guess I am still stupid...am a beginner (only been up the mountain 5 or 6 times)...just figured out how to carve and decided I wanted to ride up the embankments on the side of the Collins run at Cypress...well, the desire was there, but unfortunately the skill wasn't quite there...yet! Came off at high speed, lost my edge and fell down the hill backwards...cracked my head on some very hard snow and got whiplash as well. Actually this time I knew there was something wrong...I just sat in the snow for a bit...because I didn't quite feel right...can't explain it better than that. The consequences???...well, had headaches for 3 or 4 days and couldn't move my head fast without pain shooting up and down my neck...but there is a silver lining once again...it had no effect on my intellect...you see, my IQ can't possibly get any lower!!! So, this weekend...am being a vegetable and finding some time to write garbage:P But next weekend, watch out!...the terror of the hills will return...and if you value your life and limb, avoid Cypress Mountain like the plague:P
In terms of writing...no time these days...can't seem to find enough of it...between trying to learn mandarin, work, snowboarding, playing NHL2006 on my PC and twiddling my thumbs...there don't seem to be enough hours in the day. Maybe I have to cut back on the game playing...or maybe not:P
Well, Chinese New Year has come and gone...observed some "funny" customs that most Chinese people will be quite familiar with...funny, pride myself on being rational, but still observe these customs...maybe a holdover from the days when I was young and impressionable...well before I became logical...oh wait, I'm still waiting for that to happen;-) Oh well...some things don't change...haha
Got a concussion and whiplash last weekend while snowboarding...guess I am still stupid...am a beginner (only been up the mountain 5 or 6 times)...just figured out how to carve and decided I wanted to ride up the embankments on the side of the Collins run at Cypress...well, the desire was there, but unfortunately the skill wasn't quite there...yet! Came off at high speed, lost my edge and fell down the hill backwards...cracked my head on some very hard snow and got whiplash as well. Actually this time I knew there was something wrong...I just sat in the snow for a bit...because I didn't quite feel right...can't explain it better than that. The consequences???...well, had headaches for 3 or 4 days and couldn't move my head fast without pain shooting up and down my neck...but there is a silver lining once again...it had no effect on my intellect...you see, my IQ can't possibly get any lower!!! So, this weekend...am being a vegetable and finding some time to write garbage:P But next weekend, watch out!...the terror of the hills will return...and if you value your life and limb, avoid Cypress Mountain like the plague:P
In terms of writing...no time these days...can't seem to find enough of it...between trying to learn mandarin, work, snowboarding, playing NHL2006 on my PC and twiddling my thumbs...there don't seem to be enough hours in the day. Maybe I have to cut back on the game playing...or maybe not:P

No comments:
Post a Comment