Sigh...time to work on applications again...time to study again...time to figure out what I want to do when I grow up again. What if I never grow up? Does that mean I can always refrain from making the commitment necessary to doing something with my life? To be honest...I really don't want to grow up. Being a kid is so much easier...no pressures...nothing to worry about...only thing to think about is what's for dinner and where I am going to play tomorrow...sigh...if only life were that easy:( Instead, I wake up every morning with the burning desire to go to work...what a beautiful life!
Again, one of my tangents:) Those who have had a glimpse of my little world...they see something in me that I cannot seem to fathom...ability, potential. Every morning, I just see a dumb dude in the mirror...nothing more, nothing less. But they also see the same weakness that I am so conscious of...my lack of discipline. I like quotes...and once a good friend of mine told me this one...never forgot it even after all these years...(are you flattered?:P) "Discipline is the refining fire by which talent becomes ability." Or at least that is how I remember it...my apologies, if I haven't got it quite right:P
This year, I will be different...there I wrote it...if I don't stick to this, those of you who know me can smack me upside the head...(not too hard, please!) I think I have finally figured out where I truly want to be...it's taken me a little longer than I had hoped, but I think I am there. Or maybe to put it better, I have had a taste of where I know I don't want to be. And that is a huge motivator...
As some of you are probably rolling your eyes by now...I will stop my silly chatter...but there will be more to come...I promise:P
Again, one of my tangents:) Those who have had a glimpse of my little world...they see something in me that I cannot seem to fathom...ability, potential. Every morning, I just see a dumb dude in the mirror...nothing more, nothing less. But they also see the same weakness that I am so conscious of...my lack of discipline. I like quotes...and once a good friend of mine told me this one...never forgot it even after all these years...(are you flattered?:P) "Discipline is the refining fire by which talent becomes ability." Or at least that is how I remember it...my apologies, if I haven't got it quite right:P
This year, I will be different...there I wrote it...if I don't stick to this, those of you who know me can smack me upside the head...(not too hard, please!) I think I have finally figured out where I truly want to be...it's taken me a little longer than I had hoped, but I think I am there. Or maybe to put it better, I have had a taste of where I know I don't want to be. And that is a huge motivator...
As some of you are probably rolling your eyes by now...I will stop my silly chatter...but there will be more to come...I promise:P

1 comment:
Life is never perfect... sometimes discipline will not even get us where we want to be... but we do not know if we don't try, and trying takes discipline :)
Yes, you have the quote right. :) Here are 2 more for you to chew on... similar in taste hehe.
"No horse gets anywhere until he is harnessed. No stream or gas drives anything until it is confined. No Niagara is ever turned into light and power until it is tunneled. No life ever grows great until it is focused, dedicated, disciplined.--Harry Emerson Fosdick
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.--Frank Herbert
Congrads on finding your motivation and determination. I trust that one day you'll find your freedom, and the fulfillment of your dream as well. :-)
Post a Comment