Sunday, October 09, 2005

which road should I take?

Another peek into my psyche...:) A friend once told me that I seem to take the high road most of the time...my supervisor tells me that it's the better one to travel. But some days I am not sure...I am human...an old cliche, no doubt...and I know sometimes it is a silly excuse used to avoid taking full responsibility for one's own actions...but nonetheless, I think it is apt in this situation.

There are days I don't want to do the right thing..."the time is always right to do what is right" (Martin Luther King Jr.)...there are also times when I don't want to hope for the best in someone or a situation...but choose to live by the fact that "we must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope" (MLK Jr.). And some days, the high road is a lonely one, it is tiring...but travel it, I feel I must. And when I stray, I must find my way back...because it does make a difference...maybe not to those around me, but to me...

No comments: