Friday, July 06, 2007

Some thoughts at 1:30 in the morning...

Maybe when one factors in the time...what I have to say...and what I am thinking is perhaps best left for another time...but will ignore conventional wisdom for the time being:)

Just some vague thoughts floating in my head...well, to be honest, they are not vague, but though I try to be honest in how I pen my thoughts, a part of me refrains from opening up totally...

When there is history involved...it appears impossible to change the misconceptions, ideas, perceptions...both good and bad, I suppose...(I know it's not impossible, but often it feels that way)...making mistakes is part of life...and learning from them, sometimes slowly, is one of the lessons... However, there are times this seems like a futile process! I had some reminders of this tonight...it seems the closer the ppl are...the more they cling to what was done and said before...at times, ignoring what happens now...and on occasion, using that past to, in essence, support and reinforce the "reflex" ideas about an individual. This frustrates me!

How can one counteract this? Cut the ties, and make new ones? Trying to repair, what were once, strong roots seems an exercise in futility...esp. when the other has no interest (or sees no reason) to feel the same way. Is it wise to do everything to appease that individual? Or ignore what cannot be changed? I am not sure...

No comments: